I had a very productive day today! I made three new paintings! These have tea leaves embedded into them and hatch marks actually hatched in-- more on that soon! I painted these on thin plywood so I just need to build a support for the back and add hardware. I know I should do that first but when the idea moves me, I just have to get to painting!
JUST RELEASED! Hot Mess: Painting with Wax, an introduction to encaustic painting PDF Tutorial -Want to learn en...
Animated gif of the progress of my latest painting. It's still in progress, just one more day working on it and I think it'll be d...
Caran d'Arche Neocolor II water soluble wax pastels I've been asked a few times to explain what these wax pastels are that I'...
My new loom Last month I posted about my new venture : weaving. I've since acquired a Structo Artcraft table loom. The loom is 21&...
I like to think that paintings don't have to be done when you think they're done (and certainly not when you want them to be don...
Working Through | Jamie Ribisi-Braley Solo Exhibit Monkitree | April 4 - June 7, 2014 In my studio there are always at least t...
Farm Utopia 9" x 9" Watercolor, india ink pen, drawing ink, and thread on handmade rag watercolor paper by Lauren Simone I abso...
The life of a blog tends to have its ups and downs, the moments of dead air and moments of frantic energy. I'm sure you see it in t...
Spoiler alert I'm going to go a little out of order here because I have a lot to say and a lot that I'm working on. So I'm j...
New painting in progress-- I thought I'd photograph it at the end of each session because I'm always fascinated with the layers...
- ► 2013 (8)
- ► 2012 (19)
- ► 2011 (11)
- ► 2010 (17)
- Daffodil Days- Help raise funds
- Things are looking up up up
- GIVEAWAY~ Enter to win a free "Hot Mess" tutorial
- Looking Closer: Talking Pictures #1
- still working
- Influences- Civil War photographs
- Making Oil Paint by hand!
- Newly listed- Fall Into Formation
- New Painting- Ghosts of the Past #5
- The battle
- New prints available- Trees #1 & Share
- Artists I Admire: Lauren Simone
- New Painting- Ghosts of the Past #4
- Work in Progress
- Andrew Wyeth 07/12/17 - 01/16/09
- Hot Mess: Painting with Wax, an intro to encaustic...
- Influences- Nathan Oliveira
- The Amount of Tea I Drink in a Week
- Cutting up
- A productive day!
- Art shows, calls for art, etc
- Painting with wax- whatcha want to know?
- Color me happy
- After the art has left the nest...
- Artists I Admire- Adam Junior
- Mixing colors
- Thoughts on colors and why we are drawn to them
- Looking closer- Ghosts of the Past 2, Encaustic P...
- Roots #1 - new encaustic painting
- ▼ January (30)
Follow Me on Pinterest!
Latest Pins -->
Jamie's Blog's Log of Blogs
- Avalanche Looms
- Constant Galore
- Contemplating the Moon
- Five O'clock Crows
- From the Quench Bench
- Hanne Piasecki
- Jean Levert Hood
- La Vida Artistica
- Lari Washburn
- Martha Horman
- Modern Shape
- Not Paintings
- Pencil In the Studio
- Recent Future Archive
- Silent Languages
- Stitched in Thyme
- Studio Critical
- Studio and Garden
- Tangled Sky Studio
- That Is Priceless
- Tim McFarlane
- Tracy Helgeson