Ghost hunter...


Animated gif of the progress of my latest painting.  It's still in progress, just one more day working on it and I think it'll be done.  I really like seeing how this one has moved along!  I kept changing my mind about what colors I wanted it to be and put this painting aside for a while.  Then I decided to turn Abe into a rooted being and it all started to come together.

12 Responses to Ghost hunter...

  1. Peg says:

    Really great Jamie, I love seeing the progression of your work!

  2. Unknown says:

    How wonderful! I love seeing the progress in the painting. It's amazing how it all comes together!

  3. Love seeing the progression. Lincoln was a root being I think. He kept the soil from eroding.

  4. Thank you everyone! Sometimes I feel like the progression of a painting is the best part of it. Especially when it's had so many lives like this one has!

    Martha- I completely agree! That's exactly how I think of him and it just came together perfectly!

  5. Jaime I love your work, especially how your transform the photo transfers into your encaustic pieces. You style has really influenced me. thank you for sharing your process.

  6. Thank you so much Caterina!! That really means a lot to me! THANK YOU!
    -Jamie

  7. the roots are a great addition to abe and the switching picture is super cool....i love your focus on imagery ( i have been giving lots of thought to that subject since montserrat).

  8. Thanks! I love having the one constant and tend to focus on some connecting point in every body of work that I do. It helps to know that there's one thing that I can depend on :)

    After this, I'm switching it up to a non-square format **gasp!** but keeping the figures & only having one at a time. Hopefully I'll get to that very soon and have a picture to show! It's all in my brain & I've got to get it out :)

  9. missknits says:

    wow that is very cool! i love seeing the progression!

  10. Kathleen says:

    Really neat to see the progression! Great to see the idea evolve.

  11. LOVE it - with that red just peeking through. What a great way to share what you do. Thanks! I can't wait to see the finished piece!

  12. Artsnark says:

    Just enjoyed this over at VAST blog. great WIP shots!

Leave a Reply

Powered by Blogger.